Epson has filed a lawsuit against Advance Image Manufacturers, Inc (AIM), alleging that the defendant has infringed its patents No. 6,502,917–8,794,749.
As stated in the documents, the action is related to No. 337-TA-946 and No. 337-TA-565 investigations on ink cartridges and components thereof.
According to copies sent to RT Media, the defendant AIM is located in a residential area, and meanwhile has a place of business address to ship infringing products. It runs online business at www.advanceimage.com and www.neximaging.com respectively. In addition, AIM also does business online as “AIM Distribution2” on Amazon.
In nature, this action is related to seven recently filed actions as follows:
- Seiko Epson Corporation, et al. v. Nano Business & Technology, Inc.,
- Seiko Epson Corporation, et al. v. HT Tech, Inc. and HT Imaging Inc.,
- Seiko Epson Corporation, et al. v. Inkjet2U LLP,
- Seiko Epson Corporation, et al. v. Shoppers Smart LLC,
- Seiko Epson Corporation, et al. v. OW Supplies Corp., et al.,
- Seiko Epson Corporation, et al. v. Ta Trix USA Inc.,
- Seiko Epson Corporation, et al. v. Gaea Supplies Corporation.
It is said that the aforesaid seven defendants were also found selling infringing products on Amazon.
Seiko Epson Corporation, Epson America and Epson Portland filed the case to the United States district court for the district of Oregon Portland division.
Epson requests the court to order the defendant to cease any further infringement on its patents. Epson also requests the defendant to pay for damages the infringement has caused with tripled amounts with interests.
EPSON SIGNS UP A NEW VP TO MARKET BUSINESS INK JETS
Click here to send us your news.