IDC: Worldwide HCP Market Shipments Grow in Q4, 2022
The worldwide hardcopy peripherals (HCP) market saw overall shipments grow 11.6% year over year to nearly 25.0 million units in the fourth quarter of 2022 (Q4, 2022), according to IDC.
IDC claims that shipment value during the quarter increased 14.8% to $11.1 billion.
Despite the strong gains during Q4, the overall market shipment for 2022 declined 1.4% year over year. However, market value improved 0.7% year over year to approximately $39.9 billion for all of 2022.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- The top 3 regional markets all recorded year-over-year growth during Q4 with China (PRC) leading the way with 31.7% growth, followed by Western Europe at 13.1% and the United States at 7.2%. Contributing to these gains were improved microchip/component supplies and adequate inventory to meet consumer and business demands. Despite the gains in Q4, Western Europe and the U.S. both saw a year-over-year decline in shipments for the full year 2002, down 4.1% and 6.2%, respectively. China ended the year with shipment growth of 8.2% for 2022.
- The top 5 vendors all saw year-over-year growth in Q4. Key drivers for this growth include improved supplies, increased consumer demand, robust consumer promotions, and enhanced channel incentives.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,300 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology, IT benchmarking and sourcing, and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC’s analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading tech media, data, and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights.
- IDC: Global HCP Market Shipments Declined in Q2
- IDC: Global HCP Market Shipment Fell in Q1
- IDC: China HCP Market Shipment Hit Record High in Q4
- IDC: Western European HCP Shipments Decline in 2022
Please leave your comments below for the story.