Brother Reports Mixed Results for Q3
In the third quarter of the fiscal year 2022 (Q3, 2022) ending March 31, 2023, Brother sales revenue turned out to be JP￥216.8 billion (US$1.7 billion), up 17.5% year-over-year, mainly due to positive special effects resulting from the weaker yen.
In Q3, business segment profit was JP￥16 billion (US$118.9 million), down 31.8% year-over-year, due to factors such as the lower gross profit caused by decreased sales of consumables in the P&S business, and an increase in the SG&A, and parts and materials costs.
Some other highlights regarding Brother’s performance in Q3 include:
- Operating profit decreased 13.3% year-over-year to JP￥215 billion (US$1.6 billion)
- Net income attributable to parent company was JP￥127 billion (US$969.3 million), down 27.1% year-over-year
- Income before tax was reduced 13% year-over-year to JP￥219 billion (US$1.7 billion)
By segment, P&S business unit sales revenue increased JP￥188 billion (US$1.4 billion) to JP￥1337 billion (US$10.2 billion) in Q3, while the business segment profit reduced JP￥87 billion (US$664.1 million ) to JP￥91 billion (US$694.5 million). Operating profit decreased JP￥77 billion (US$587.7 million ) to JP￥102 billion (US$778.5 ).
- Brother Reports Mixed Results for Q2 and H1
- Brother Rolls Out Value Subscription Program
- Brother Slovakia Certified Carbon Neutral
- Brother Releases New Additions to its INKvestment Tank Range
- Brother Reports Significant Profit Growth in Q1, 2022
Please leave your comments below for the story “Brother Reports Mixed Results for Q3.”