Distributors Search for New Products
Despite 92 importers of printers and imaging supplies being registered to attend the RT VIP Expo in Bogota, Colombia, an additional 8 convinced organisers they too should be given entry to search for new products from China.
Across the globe, distributors are always on the lookout for new products and services for their customers.
The third of four VIP Expos being held in Latin America was deemed to be a huge hit by both suppliers and buyers, with one exhibitor saying a distributor placed an order for 1000 China-researched and developed printers.
“No one knows the magnitude of business deals that were being made today,” said Gustavo Molinatti (pictured below right) who partnered with Comexposium Recycling Times (often known as RT Media) to deliver the event. “The business model we are running is a very serious event for both the exhibitors and visitors who participate. This kind of event will transform face-to-face meetings across the globe.”
The unique one-day events were developed by RT’s International Director, David Gibbons (above left) in 2019. They have been held in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Sao Paulo (Brazil) with the final one being in Mexico City (Mexico) on June 23. The intense five-hour expo is followed by a gala dinner at the end of the day where networking continues. Thanks to Ninestar and Tenon, a three-course plated meal was enjoyed by the 110 who attended.
22 exhibitors, mainly from China, had a range of products on show including components such as chips as well as finished products. Other products for copiers and handheld printers were also on offer.
A similar VIP expo was held in Bogota in 2019 but the successful events had to be suspended during COVID.
A total of 348 buyers across Latin America have been selected and invited to attend one of the four events based on customs data revealing the value of shipments being imported by each company in each country.
During the gala dinner, that followed the trade show, awards were presented to three local businesses and individuals.
- Best Supplier Award: Abka Colombia
- For its work over 25 years in helping its clients transform the way they work by providing comprehensive high-tech solutions for the administration and management of documents.
- Industry Leader Award: Carlos Enzler of Qualiprint Colombia
- After starting an ink and toner cartridge franchise in Spain, Carlos founded Qualiprint Colombia 10 years ago and has since become one of the market leaders in the wholesale of inks, toners and compatible supplies.
- Outstanding Services Award: presented to the family of the late Arturo Chois.
- Arturo was born in Peru and emigrated to Colombia where in 1984 he joined the Nu-Kote office supplies divisions Operations Manager for Latin America. In 1998 he bought Onix Ltda., bearing the same name to the present day, today led by his children, nephew and wife. His altruistic vision made him respected and loved not only by family and friends but also by his competitors.
Two recipients won free hotel accommodation at the RemaxWorld Expo in the lucky draw prize. Pictured below are Erika Casas (Inversiones Evolution) and Andres Ramirez (Master Blue). RemaxWorld is the world’s largest printer and imaging supplies event and will be held during October 12-14 in Zhuhai, China.
Pictures from the show:
Pictures from the Gala Dinner sponsored by Ninestar and Tenon:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: Every Visitor a Serious Buyer
- Sao Paulo, Brazil: VIP Event Sparks Warm Reunion in Brazil
- Countdown to the Largest VIP Buyer and Supplier Event
- More than 260 Big Buyers Will Attend RT VIP Imaging Expo—Americas
Please add your comments below about this story, “Distributors Search for New Products.”