Kyocera Reports Mixed Results for FY 2022
For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2023, Kyocera reported a sales revenue of JPY￥2025.3 billion (US$ 14.8 billion), up 10.1% year-over-year.
Despite the sales revenue growth, operating profit turned out to be JPY￥128.5 billion (US$ 939.0 million) in the fiscal year 2022, down 13.7% year-over-year. Profit before income taxes was JPY￥176.2 billion (US$ 1.3 billion), down 11.4% year-over-year. Profit attributable to owners of the parent decreased 13.8% year-over-year to JPY￥128.0 billion (US$ 935.2 million).
Sales revenue from the document solutions unit turned out to be JPY￥434.9 million (US$ 3.2 million), up 18.6% year-over-year. Business profit from the unit was JPY￥33.7 million (US$ 0.2 million), up 1.1% year-over-year.
In the report, Kyocera also announced the financial forecasts for the year ending March 31, 2024. Sales revenue is predicted to be JPY￥2100.0 billion (US$ 15.3 billion), up 3.7% year-over-year compared to that of last year.
Operating profit is predicted to be JPY￥147.0 billion (US$ 1.1 billion), up 14.4% compared to that of last year. Profit before income taxes is predicted to be JPY￥200.0 billion (US$ 14.6 million), up 13.5% compared to that of last year.
Kyocera also shared the management strategy to achieve financial targets, including:
- Continue proactive investment on a record scale
- Realize high growth by concentrating internal resources into areas of competitive advantage.
- Enhance profitability by maximizing the use of digital technology.
- Allocate management resources optimally by expediting decision-making on business continuity/withdrawal.
- Kyocera to Expand Manufacturing in Japan
- Kyocera Hits Record High in Q1
- Kyocera Reports Decline for Nine Months
- Ups and Downs for Kyocera – Revenue and Profits for 2019
Please leave your comments below for the story “Kyocera Reports Mixed Results for FY 2022.”