Static Control – Congratulations on Achieving 35 years
I started my printer cartridge remanufacturing business in Sydney, Australia 31 years ago. It was a small start-up business I ran from my garage.
I was desperate for help and support, and right from the outset, Static Control was there. It was also true for tens of thousands of small cartridge remanufacturers around the world. We collectively owe our success to Static Control.
Our industry came under threat from the printer OEMs that would do anything to recapture a monopoly business. Why? Because my small business and thousands like it were providing consumers with a choice.
Static Control was there at each turn, innovatively providing new solutions to keep my business going. I remember thinking in the late 1990s that it would be the end of the road when the OEMs introduced printer chips to the cartridges. They were killer chips. That’s what we called them because they locked out aftermarket cartridges from working in our customers’ printers.
However, Static Control invested heavily to provide, develop and manufacture the chips we needed. And the industry thrived. It also had our backs as the printer OEMs threw lawsuits at us in a quest to capture our share of the market.
Our industry owes a huge debt to the investment made by Static Control. That’s why we have devoted this entire issue of the magazine to sharing their story with you.
Thank you, Static Control, for being there every day I ran my business. Congratulations on achieving 35 years. We collectively salute you.
Static Control was featured in the RT ImagingWorld magazine which is available for free online.
David Gibbons has 46 years of experience, knowledge and skills in business (management, consultancy, strategic planning) and communication (teaching, event management, fundraising, journalism, broadcasting and new/digital media—social, website, app development). He started and ran a successful cartridge remanufacturing business in Sydney and was also the Executive Officer of the Australasian Cartridge Remanufacturers’ Association for 7 years.
In 2011, Gibbons relocated to RT Media in Zhuhai, China where he has been a director responsible for strategic planning, senior management, event planning, marketing, broadcasting and magazine publishing on behalf of the global imaging supplies industry. He is certainly aware of the challenges of remanufacturing in China.
His other blogs include:
- Static Control – Congratulations on Achieving 35 years
- Some Quick Ink Facts I Bet You Never Knew
- Anger Over Exaggerations Lies and Deceit
- Invention—”Doing Our Part in Order to Create a Better Future”
- Einstein: Discovering the Impossible
- Defending OEM Brands Globally
- Coming of Age Determines What Happens Next
- Mito Queen of Color Shares Market Insights
- Eric Zhang Shares His Vision for Ninestar
- The Challenges of Remanufacturing in China
- Can the Chinese Really Deliver What the Rest of Us Want?
- Using Chip Technology to Control Consumer Choice and Markets
- 5 Quick Questions: Investing in Your Supply Chain
- Are You the Missing Link in the Industry Chain Berto Asks
- 6 Quick Questions: E-commerce and the New Normal: Interview with Aaron Leon
- Bike Courier Services Boom in China During Coronavirus
- Meeting the Market’s Changing Demands: SCC Responds
- Dealing with Printer Firmware Upgrades: Megain’s Wang Hua
- Best Position Ever – Serving Customers During an Economic Slowdown
- Where were you in 2019? Everything is About to Change
- A Misplaced Australian in China – a different world view
- Have you seen the news?
- To Be? Or Not to Be? … But that’s NOT the Question
- What the Dickens? Americans used to abuse IP rights too.